Lithography (from Ancient Greek “lithos”, meaning “stone”, and “graphein”, meaning “to write”) is a method of printing originally based on the immiscibility of oil and water. Printing is from a stone (lithographic limestone) or a metal plate with a smooth surface.
Etching is traditionally the process of using strong acid or mordant to cut into the unprotected parts of a metal surface to create a design in intaglio (relief) in the metal. In modern manufacturing, other chemicals may be used on other types of material. As a method of printmaking, it is, along with engraving, the most important technique for old master prints, and remains in wide use today.
Choose Art Per Nature
- Thailand Paintings For sale
- Angkor Marble Stone Carving For Sale
- Thailand Earthenware For Sale
- Indonesia Wooden Carving For Sale (Bali)
- Traditional Thai Khon Masks For Sale
- Thailand Print For Sale (Limited Editions)
- Epoxy Resin Artworks For Sale
- Vietnam Lacquer Paintings For Sale
- Thailand Metal Art For Sale